Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Mantra

About a year ago, I started coming up with a mantra for each week.  It would be a simple thought and I would keep it at the front of my mind throughout the week.  It would help keep me focused on my practice of mindfulness.  Here is a sample of some of the things I used:

Only kindness matters
Love is everything
Be here now
Shoulders back, deep breath

Then about a month ago I was listening to a guided meditation and a line from it stuck in my head:

The only source of happiness is the flow of love.

It has become my mantra week after week. It connects with so much of what I believe about the Universe, and about my job here. Try saying it to yourself when you feel angry, or frustrated, or unfulfilled.  Choose happiness in those moments by connecting with the flow of love, instead of choosing unhappiness by analyzing and validating your own emotions. Step outside of the hamster wheel of the human brain, and open yourself up to the Universal flow of positive energy.  It is there.


No comments:

Post a Comment