Sunday, December 16, 2012

Practice - especially when it's hard


Talking about someone else’s tragedy feels absurd, and voyeuristic.  I do want to acknowledge the horror of what happened, and the unending effects that will be felt by the families and communities affected.  The women and children who were killed are in my thoughts and prayers. 

As I get ready to send my own children back out into the world tomorrow morning, I continue my practice of turning worries into positive prayers. 

I pray my children will go out into the world tomorrow and find the world to be a kind and interesting place.  I pray that they will be safe and nurtured tomorrow at school.  I pray that they will be delivered home safely to me tomorrow evening, and that they will have positive things to tell me about their day. With all my heart, I pray for their safety.

I know how hard it can be.  I implore each of you to contribute to the light, if you can.  Let the energy that comes from you be one towards peace, and healing.  Do not let the energy that flows from you to the universe be dark and frightened.  Find the light inside, and let it shine.  It can heal.

I pray that my readers find the light inside, connect with it, and send it back out into the world in the form of positive prayer.  I pray that all of that light contributes to healing, wherever it is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment